Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Locals Report

Today was yet another Sunday at my locals. Luckily it was a normal constructed format, so I did not need to do anything weird to my current set of cards.

I made it early, so I was there a bit doing some trading, etc...

Tournament finally got started, and it was four Swiss rounds, cutting to a Top 8.

Round 1: OO vs Infernities

Game 1: He just had a really bad hand for some reason. I pull off a lucky mill off Card Trooper sending Dandylion to the graveyard, and then with the tokens I summon Light and Darkness Dragon the next turn. It was all downhill from there.

Game 2: Pretty much the same deal as Game 1. He had a bad setup and my transformational side did its job. Siding in Crows, Monarchs and Royal Oppression gave me the edge in this match-up.


Round 2: OXO vs Machina Gadgets

Game 1: Oh boy. I really did not expect to see this match-up today. I had not side for this match at all.
=\
Somehow though, I managed to outlive my opponent's resources through his minus from summoning a Fortress into my Bottomless Trap Hole, and a LADD late game wins me this duel.

Game 2: Drawing into only Monarchs and Chaos Sorcerer early game, while having my only summon-able monster sent by Trap Dustshoot is brutal. REAL BRUTAL.

Game 3: He pulls off Chain Disappearance on me in this duel, but it doesn't stop me from getting off my Lonefire Blossom play. From there, it was rather similar gameplay to Game 1: he gains advantage, but I get through it through his minuses from Machina Fortress.


Round 3: OXX vs Gladiator Beasts

Game 1: Early control through Drill Warrior and my S/T removal wins me this game.

Game 2: I don't remember much detail, but I recall having bad hands.

Game 3: Now the last duel this was a misplay by me. I get out Turbo Warrior, but leave a token on the field. I had a Spore in my graveyard, but didn't use it to synchro with the token into AOJ Catastor. Because of that, while I did have My Body as a Shield face down as an answer to his Smashing Ground, I did not have an answer to his Book of Moon.

=\ Bad plays by me there, but you learn when you misplay.


Round 4: XX vs Rock Stun

This two duels were rather lousy, as I was against my brother and I really had no motivation to beat him into the ground. Also, my deck pretty bad against his deck.

Monster heavy deck against Neo-Spacian Grand Mole = GG


Alright, so I go 2-2, and somehow make it into the Top 8 through tiebreakers (as usual)

Top 8 Match-up: XOO vs Machina Gadgets

Yes, against the same person from Round 2.

Game 1: Another Trap Dustshoot sends away my LADD, but I could not do much anyways with Quickdraw, two Caius, and two useless spell and trap cards. I get beat down rather quickly.

Game 2: I manage to pull off the Drill Warrior plays, and I win with him staring down Drill Warrior and Light and Darkness Dragon.

Game 3: This was a good back-and-forth match, as the exchanges were rather even. In the end, Caius wins me the duel as he just couldn't get Caius off the field after I removed his Machina Fortress.


Top 4 match-up: OXX vs LIGHT Anti-Meta

A good duel against my friend and teammate Jimmy.

Game 1: Early control through Drill Warrior wins me this game, as Jimmy just couldn't remove it off the field. Dust Tornado hitting Royal Oppression was a lifesaver also. Also this duel was the first time I used Junk Destroyer all day. Although it was only for a final finisher though.

Game 2: His anti-meta antics work, as I just couldn't get through D.D. Warrior Lady, Thunder King Rai-oh, and Royal Oppression.

Game 3: A rather similar repeat of Game 2. Just throw Honest in there somewhere.

~~~

Today's Top 8 was one Gladiator Beast deck, one Quickdraw deck, one Infernities, one Machina Gadget, one Synchro Cat, one Rock Stun, one Anti-Meta deck, and one Zombie deck.

The Top 4 consisted of the Anti-Meta deck, my Quickdraw deck, the Infernity deck and the Gladiator Beast deck.

Top 2 was the Anti-Meta deck and the Gladiator deck going head to head, with the GBs coming out on top eventually.

~~~

So I end with a Top 4 finish today. It's been quite a while since I've last seen a Top 2 or Top 1 finish. Lately, Quickdraw Plants just aren't as efficient. I may switch back to a different variant of Synchro Cat next week. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for reading this blog post as usual.

Until tomorrow~

No comments:

Post a Comment