Tuesday, October 20, 2009

YuGiOh Startup

The first post in detail. As said, YuGiOh will be the main idea that I'll be discussing, so feel free to comment below.

Blackwings.



A powerful archetype, with many variations. A while ago, using my Blackwing deck, I placed 9th at my regional. It was pretty bad and cheap, compared to the other builds, but otherwise, I'm proud of this accomplishment.

However, after you play something a while, it gets boring. And so did Blackwings for me. I went through a lot of other decks.

Recently, my friends have been telling me to remake my Blackwing deck, and after a while, I did. I put a bunch of cards together into something called a deck roughly around 7:00 pm 2 nights ago. And here is the build.

Monsters (19)
The Dark Creator
Cyber Dragon
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame x3
Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn x3
Blackwing - Bora the Spear x2
Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield x2
Blackwing - Blazzard the Far North x2
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow x3
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind


Spells (13)
Giant Trunade
Heavy Storm
My Body as a Shield
Book of Moon x2
Against the Wind
Black Whirlwind x3
Allure of Darkness x2
Mind Control
Brain Control

Traps (8)
Icarus Attack x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Mirror Force
Trap Dustshoot
Torrential Tribute


Extra (13)
Stardust Dragon
Thought Ruler Archfiend
Colossal Fighter
Red Dragon Archfiend
Black Rose Dragon
Arcanite Magician
Ancient Fairy Dragon
X-Saber Urbellum
Goyo Guardian
Iron Chain Dragon
Gaia Knight, The Force of Earth
Magical Android

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

First and foremost, lack of Blackwing Synchros in the Extra deck hurt. A LOT. I had to do a lot of improvising without them, and I still am.

Don't ask about the side deck ; it isn't prepared yet.

And Against the Wind instead of Dark Eruption as a temporary stand in.

I don't really feel like commenting more on this deck, so I'll leave it be for now. Thanks for reading the first Yugioh post.

Edit: Props to Rauzes Blog for the Colour Idea. It really helps the eyes. Especially mine. :\

-MonarchVV

1 comment:

  1. Blackwings are indeed strong. Their swarming abilities are killer.

    ReplyDelete