Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday Locals Report

So I know it's Monday, but I had no time to blog about this last night, so here's my report on my Sunday Locals Tournament!

YAAAY!!! After so long! =P

Today, there wasn't as many people as there usually is, so we played 4 rounds, cutting a a Top 8, with the Top 5 getting packs.

I was running good old Synchro Cat.


Round 1: OXO vs. Infernities

Game 1: I win because the person I was playing against was rather new to Infernities, and so I had a big advantage, already knowing how to play against it.

Game 2: This time, he gets the Infernity combo going, but was only was to bring out a bunch of Level 5 and 6 Synchros due to a lack of Necromancer. Still, he had enough momentum that I wasn't able to come back.

Game 3: My side works out really well this time, as a key Crevice into the D.D. cuts off his combos.

Glad I survived Infernities, I looked forward to the rest of my games.


Round 2: OXO vs. Koa'ki Meiru

Game 1: I reduced his resources with a combination play between Rescue Cat and Heavy Storm, and he couldn't make a comeback.

Game 2: He opens Urknight and Iron Core, and he win. Simple. Urknight makes the deck. Duh.

Game 3: Refer to the first Game of this match. Except I used Summoner Monk instead.


Round 3: OXO vs. Blackwings

Game 1: Strong Cat plays from my deck, followed by no Icarus Attack on his part means that my advantage is too much for him to overcome.

Game 2: Now this was something memorable. He goes first, and opens with Shura, Bora, and Bora. I go, and summon Sirroco, pump my monster, and attack his Shura with my 7200 Atk monster. Still, I had no defensive cards, and I lost as a result of Blizzards synchroing Goyo, etc.

Game 3: I didn't managed to draw my side decked cards, but I manage to play out of his deck again, just like Game 1.


Round 4: XOX vs. Machina Gadgets

Well, this was a match against my brother. And I kinda spazzed at him because of a few moves throughout the duel. So the information presented here may not be entirely accurate.

Game 1: He uses Starlight Road. What more can I say.

Game 2: Here's where the spazzing comes in. A lot of BS goes through here now, but in the end, I win.

Game 3: I lose. I really don't remember how, but it was a war of attrition. Me drawing no Pot of Avarice means that I lost it. =\


Top 8: XOO vs. Counter Fairies

Game 1: He negates my Thought Ruler gaining LP effect with Divine Wrath, and then he brings out Vandalgyon and Archlord Kristya. I tried to Bottomless Trap Hole Kristya, but he negates it with Dark Bribe.

Can't do much against those two cards. =\

Game 2: Legendary Jujitsu Master and Rescue Cat in my opening hand as well as Dust Tornado wins it for me this time around.

Game 3: I managed to pull off the win with Caius and Royal Oppression backing my plays.


Top 4: OO vs. Lightsworn Monarchs(?)

Game 1: I get my plays through, and I didn't really get to see any Monarchs through the duel.

Game 2: He gets his Treeborn Frog into the grave, but then I D.D. Crow it away to prevent problems. He couldn't keep a monster on the field, so I get through this matchup.


Top 2: OXO vs. Infernities

Game 1: He couldn't get off an Infernity Inferno / Dark Grepher play, and was just top decking spells and traps all day long. Not having a lot of Infernity monsters in his graveyard did not help either.

Game 2: He gets off his combo while I didn't have D.D. Crow. =\ I tried to Bottomless Trap Hole an Infernity Archfiend he brought back, but then he flips Imperial Iron Wall. Yea...

Game 3: My D.D. Crow and Crevice into the D.D. goes off without a hitch, and I win the tournament with Synchro Cat!

~~~

I get four packs from the store as my prizes (3 Hidden Arsenal, 1 Raging Battle), but I didn't manage to pull anything good at all.

Still, I did win with Synchro Cat, even though I was totally not expecting to do as well as I did today.

It was a lot of playtesting today, but at least I know Synchro Cat does alright this format.

Also, I was playtesting a Quickdraw deck, and it really is too slow now.

Playing against this format's X-Sabers was just terrible.

Bad results from the game, but eh. What can you do?

More than likely, I'll be setting aside that deck until it gets a revamp from Junk Destroyer and other cards.

With Synchro Cat, I'll be looking to innovate a new way to play it (hopefully).

~~~

That's all for today's post. It's been quite a while since I've blogged so much.

And I must say, I rather enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment