Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Tourney Report

Today was a good day.

Unfortuantely, like always, I came late. Again.

Yea.

So I took a first round loss in the third week of Pegasus League here at Myth Games.

I hope I'm allowed to say where I play...

On to Round 2.

Round 2: OO vs. Alan

Game 1: I open with Firedog and Magician in hand. I see that he sets a monster, so I pull out a first turn Stardust. Even though he Brain Controlled Stardust, allowing him to tribute it for his Tytannial, double Bottomless Trap Hole allows me to take momentum back in my favour for game.

Game 2: I open with TWO Firedogs, and a Rekindling this time, and I'm was like, "this is my lucky day."

I took early control with Stardust again for game.

Round 3: XOX vs. Dylan

Game 1: What can I say? Gladiator Beasts are always a tough matchup.

Game 2: I open with Firedog and Rekindling again. After I summoned Dog, and heard Dylan let out a sigh, I took advantage and pushed Dylan really hard with Stardust and Raiza.

Game 3: Well, I failed so hard this game. Dylan manages to pull out a Herk, but it was after I Gold Sarc for Rekindling. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had Avariced my Flamvells into the deck. Yea....no coming back from that.

Round 4: OO vs. Tanner

Game 1: Opening with Dog again, I bring out a Stardust. Control afterwards with Stardust and Raiza lets me win this duel.

Game 2: Another Dog, another Stardust. This time, I had sided in my Crows and Kycoos, because I knew he needed his graveyard. Only used Crow on Treeborn though, but I still won through his monsters.

Round 5: OO vs. Nathan

Game 1: He opens with a Future Visions, which hurts me a lot, cause I had to start playing defensively. And then he Storms my BTH and Mirror Force. Ouch. However, that let me bring out Firedog into Stardust, which works to my advantage and for game.

Game 2: Again, he opens with Future Visions, but I opened with my Heavy Storm this time, and Rekindling. So, thanks to me tributing for Raiza, and then using Rekindling, I bring out Stardust.
Thanks to a second in-hand Raiza, I lock his draw, and win the duel.

Overall, it was a rather fun day, going 3-2.

I really need to get to Myth Games earlier to stop getting Round 1 losses.

After the tournament, Albert manages to pull another super Garoth, which he used to get me Gold Sarchophagus.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Also, I played a fun duel with my PL deck for a rare Rescue Cat from a Turbo Pack, and I wrecked him. by sacking Rekindling.

WHOO.

It was still an intense duel.

Fun day man!

Let's have another one next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment