Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Locals Report

Well, usually, I have a tournament report on Sunday, but today, I went to the more competitive locals down south of where I live.

There were a lot more players than the Sunday locals, but there are also a lot more people to trade with then.

I didn't do a lot of trading before the tournament started, but I managed to get a shiny Shura for a Blackwing deck, completing my playset.

The tournament begins.

Round 1: XX vs. Brandon

Game 1: After Brandon played his first card, I realized that I was playing a Blackwing mirror match. Basically, he opened good, I opened bad. Luck of the draw when in a BW mirror.

Game 2: I sided in some cards, but they don't see the light of day. Eventually though, I get control with Magical Android on the field until he tops a Dark Grepher, dumps his Vayu in his hand, and pulls out an Armor Master. No more resources left afterwards, so I lose.

Round 2: XX vs. Brandon

Game 1: So for some reason, I ended up going against the same person again. The COSSY system is really troublesome. :\ Basically, same thing happened as ound 1, Game 1. He got his cards first.

Game 2: Well, this time I opened stronger, but he double Dust Tornadoed my Mirror Force and Trap Dustshoot, and that makes me QQ. That pretty much wrecked me.

Round 3: XOX vs. Vincent

Game 1: Yet again, another Blackwing mirror. He Brain Controled my Sirocco, pumped his guys all up, and made me scoop. Sigh...a bad day today for me I suppose.

Game 2: He played right into a Dark Armed Draogn move, which works out to my benefit. I win a duel for once that day! YAY!

Game 3: A long duel, so I can't remember the details. I recall Dark Illusion wrecking my deck though. I just know he beat in the end.

Round 4: OO vs. Jeff

Game 1 + 2:

Going against Chaos, I opened strong, while he didn't draw his Chaos Sorcerers both times. In the end, I win.

Well, overall, even though I had a bad day at the tournament, I did do some good trades afterwards.

Getting me Ally of Justice - Catastor, and Mist Valley Soldier, as well as pulling X-Saber Airbellum from my Hidden Arsenal pack made me pretty happy. Not getting any Gold Sarchophagus kinda made me sad, but now I know that they are $30 each.

Afterwards, having some fun games with James made my day. Him using Brain Control on Ancient Fairy to blow up his own field spell was pretty hilarious. XD

Pros:
Getting Catastor
Getting all the cards for my Cat Synchro deck
Pulling Airbellum

Cons:
Going 1-3 :\
Losing to Dark Illusion in Blackwings
Not getting Gold Sarcs

No comments:

Post a Comment